Accounts Payable/Receivable Clerk
Are you a detail-oriented individual with financial experience? Do you enjoy interacting with various departments across an organization? The County is looking to fill the position of Accounts Payable/Receivable Clerk.
Reporting to the Budget and Accounting Supervisor, the Accounts Receivable/Payable Clerk provides administrative support to settle municipal invoices in timely manner through such activities as; the coordination of payments, confirming goods and services received are accurate, processing payments from creditors and preparing financial reports. The Clerk is also responsible for the control, reconciliation and communication of County Accounts Receivable information, processing General Ledger entries and ensuring bills are issued in accordance with appropriate legislation and by-laws.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Completed post-secondary education in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two (2) years of related experience, preferably in a municipal environment.
- Knowledge of the Municipal Act sections as well as other Acts and By-Laws that apply to billing.
- Strong organizational skills, deadline orientated and able to work independently as required.
- Proven discretion and good judgement in dealing with sensitive issues and/or confidential information.
- Strong mathematical skills with the ability to problem solve with strong attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and customer service skills with the ability to exercise tact, diplomacy and good judgement at all times.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, financial software applications, accounting concepts including knowledge of Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) transactions and other related databases as required.
- Satisfactory criminal background check.
The current rate of pay for this position is $26.33 to $27.59 per hour, as per Band 8 of CUPE Local 2275’s Collective Agreement. Compensation also includes a competitive benefit package and membership in OMERS. Please submit your application prior to 4:00pm on January 20, 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer and support applicants with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request throughout the recruitment process. Please email your request or call (613) 476-2148 ext. 1042.
The personal information being collected will be used in accordance with The Municipal Act and The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and shall only be used in the selection of a suitable candidate.