Administrative Assistant - Development Services
Are you an organized individual with strong communication skills? Do you adapt easily to conflicting priorities from varying sources? The County is looking to fill the position of Administrative Assistant-Development Services.
Reporting to the Director of Development Services, this position provides administrative support to the Manager of Planning, Manager of Engineering and the Chief Building Official while ensuring the flow of work across the three Divisions. Duties range from preparing correspondence, reports and meeting agendas/minutes, responding to enquiries, screening calls, recording and dispatching information, scheduling appointments, assisting in the issuance and management of permits, transition of files between Divisions, coordinating meetings and amenities, maintaining files and databases, and the performance of other support duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Completion of OSSD or equivalent, with business and computer courses, together with one (1) year of related business experience, preferably in a municipal environment. Diploma in Office Administration an asset.
- Ability to multi-task, cope with interruptions and work under pressure to meet multiple deadlines, exercise discretion and good judgment. Possess a high level of initiative and personal integrity.
- Demonstrate a thorough working knowledge of office organizational functions, activities and procedures.
- Excellent administrative, communication, interpersonal, organizational, time management, and public relations skills, and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Thorough working knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office applications and office equipment.
- Familiarity with Municipal Website, TOMRIMS, Dynamics GP, Work Manager, GIS mapping, database and file management software would be an asset.
- Valid Class ‘G’ Driver’s License and reliable vehicle to use on corporate business.
The current wage range for this position is $24.24 to $25.40 as per Band 6 of CUPE Local 2275’s Collective Agreement. Compensation also includes a competitive benefit package and membership in OMERS. Please submit your application prior to 4:00pm on December 2, 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer and support applicants with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request throughout the recruitment process. Please email your request or call (613) 476-2148 ext. 1042.
The personal information being collected will be used in accordance with The Municipal Act and The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and shall only be used in the selection of a suitable candidate.