Director, Operational Services
Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer, the Director, Operational Services is responsible for overall management, administration and maintenance of the Municipal Operations portfolio, including 1,000 kms of roads and associated fleet and equipment. In addition, the Director maintains responsibility for the County’s environmental sustainability and parklands program, as well as ensuring that boat launches, marinas and cemeteries operate effectively.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Registration with OACETT as a CET is required.
- Minimum college diploma in Civil Engineering Technology is required. A degree in Civil Engineering and P. Eng. designation is an asset.
- Minimum of five to seven years of relevant senior management experience is required, preferably in a municipal Operations Department.
- Demonstrated proficiency in project management, presentation and report-writing skills, with the ability to research, analyse, interpret, compile and evaluate issues, and make appropriate recommendations for action.
- Thorough knowledge of legislation, regulations and standards related to roads including the Highway Traffic Act and Minimum Maintenance Standards (MMS) for roads operations with the ability to interpret and apply federal, provincial and municipal legislation, regulations, policies, codes and laws.
- Knowledge of sustainability, waste management and preservation of parklands, an asset.
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills required, with direct experience managing in a unionized environment, preferred.
- Experience with Boards and Committees, with demonstrated leadership, negotiation and relationship-building skills to support internal and external collaboration.
- Strong written and oral communication and public relations skills, with experience in writing, evaluating and presenting technical reports, business cases and reports to Council.
- Political acuity and the ability to exercise tact, diplomacy and good judgment at all times.
- Highly developed project management, analytical, and decision-making skills to effectively handle a variety of competing tasks and priorities within a supportive and respectful work environment.
- Familiarity with management practices, financial management and contract management. Experience managing departmental budgets, an asset.
- Advanced skills with the MS Office Suite is required, with experience in other computer applications such as AutoCAD or GIS, an asset.
- Valid Class “G” Ontario drivers’ license with the use of a safe, reliable vehicle.
The current annual salary range for this position is $139,377.12 to $188,963.34 as per the Non-Union By-Law. Compensation also includes a competitive benefit package and membership in OMERS. Please submit your application prior to 4 pm on December 8, 2023 to email@example.com.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer and support applicants with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request throughout the recruitment process. Please email your request or call (613) 476-2148 extension 1041.
The personal information being collected will be used in accordance with The Municipal Act and The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and shall only be used in the selection of a suitable candidate.