Full-Time Activity Aide
The H.J. McFarland Home is a non-profit long-term care facility located on the outskirts of Picton, Ontario in beautiful Prince Edward County. Our philosophy of care is one that recognizes the individuality of each resident and where all staff, family members and community partners are valued and respected for their contributions to resident care.
The Human Resources Department is currently accepting applications for the full-time permanent position of Activity Aide. Reporting to the Recreation and Volunteer Services Supervisor, the Activity Aide utilizes a resident-centered approach to emphasize and encourage engagement from the Resident, with collaboration from Family and/or volunteers in defining appropriate activities that align with the needs and wishes of the Resident and in keeping with their plan of care.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent, with successful completion or enrolment in a Post-Secondary Program in Recreation and Leisure Studies, Therapeutic Recreation, Kinesiology or a related discipline
- Innovative resident-focused approach to programming
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Excellent written and oral communication and problem solving skills
- Capable of working within legislated standards and guidelines
- Ability to exercise respect, tact, diplomacy, and good judgement in all matters relating to Resident care
- Knowledge and training under the Occupational Health & Safety Act
- Ability to work day, evening and weekend shifts
- Proof of satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Screening check
The current rate of pay for this position is $21.16 to $22.08 per hour as per the UNIFOR Local 8300 collective agreement. Compensation also includes a comprehensive benefit package and membership in OMERS. Please submit your application prior to 4:00pm on January 20, 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer and support applicants with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request throughout the recruitment process. Please email your request or call (613) 476-2148 ext. 1042.
The personal information being collected will be used in accordance with The Municipal Act and The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and shall only be used in the selection of a suitable candidate.