Manager of Engineering
Do you enjoy a balance of leadership and hands on work in a fast-paced engineering environment? The County is looking to fill one of our managerial roles within our Development Services Department to oversee the day to day operations of Engineering Services.
Reporting to the Director of Development Services, the Manager of Engineering is responsible for effective management of the Engineering Services team encompassing, Development Engineering, Delivery of Major Capital Works projects, Master Servicing Plans and Core Municipal Engineering.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- University degree in Civil Engineering and a Professional Engineer designation (P. Eng)
- 10+ years managing teams of professionals, coupled with relevant work experience at a senior level with a minimum of 5 years in a municipal environment
- Specific and quantified experience in the area of Municipal Development Engineering with demonstrated knowledge managing subdivision, condominium and site plan control applications for all branches of municipal engineering.
- Progressive and comprehensive knowledge and understanding of municipal infrastructure matters such as roads, water, sanitary, stormwater management, transportation and traffic.
- General and working knowledge and understanding of other engineering matters such as, geotechnical, environmental, hydrological, and process engineering.
- Demonstrated experience with the development of Master Plans and other Class EA undertakings.
- Familiarity with computer technology and engineering software such as MS Office, AutoCAD, project management, water and sewer system modeling, and storm water management modeling.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and supervisory skills are essential.
- Strong communication skills working with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Valid Class “G” driver’s license.
The current annual salary range for this position is $88,000 to $123,221 as per the Non-Union By-Law. Compensation also includes a competitive benefit package and membership in OMERS. Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer and support applicants with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request throughout the recruitment process. Please email your request or call (613) 476-2148 ext. 1042.
The personal information being collected will be used in accordance with The Municipal Act and The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and shall only be used in the selection of a suitable candidate.