Part-Time Dietary Aide
The H.J. McFarland Home is a non-profit long-term care facility located on the outskirts of Picton, Ontario in beautiful Prince Edward County. Our philosophy of care is one that recognizes the individuality of each resident and where all staff, family members and community partners are valued and respected for their contributions to resident care.
Our Human Resources Department is currently accepting applications for the part-time position of Dietary Aide. Reporting to the Nutritional Supervisor, this position is responsible for a variety of routine duties related to food preparation, service, dishwashing, sanitation and safety to ensure continuous Resident satisfaction.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent with a Food Handler’s Certificate and successful completion or enrolment in a Food Service Worker Program
- Knowledge related to food safety, sanitation and nutrition
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Capable of working within legislated standards and guidelines
- Ability to exercise respect, tact, diplomacy and good judgement in all matters relating to Resident care
- Knowledge and understanding of the Occupational Health & Safety Act
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Proof of satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Screening check
The current hourly rate for this part-time position is $21.16 to $22.08, plus 14% in lieu of benefits and 4% in lieu of vacation as per the Unifor Local 8300 collective agreement. Please submit your application prior to 4:00pm on January 27, 2021 to email@example.com.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer and support applicants with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request throughout the recruitment process. Please email your request or call (613) 476-2148 ext. 1042.
The personal information being collected will be used in accordance with The Municipal Act and The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and shall only be used in the selection of a suitable candidate.