Part-Time Housekeeping Aide
The H.J. McFarland Memorial Home is a non-profit long-term care facility located on the outskirts of Picton, Ontario in beautiful Prince Edward County. Our philosophy of care is one that recognizes the individuality of each resident and where all staff, family members and community partners are valued and respected for their contributions to resident care.
The Human Resources Department is currently accepting applications for the part-time position of Housekeeping Aide. Reporting to the Environmental Supervisor, this position will perform a range of duties assigned to ensure the quality care of all H.J. McFarland Memorial Home’s Residents. This will include the provision of housekeeping services at all times deemed necessary to ensure continuous resident satisfaction.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Successful completion of Grade 12 diploma or equivalent, with experience working in a long-term care facility preferred.
- Knowledge related to cleaning, disinfection, and sanitation methods.
- Able to work in a multi-disciplinary environment with legislated standards and guidelines.
- Ability to exercise respect, tact, diplomacy, and good judgement in all matters relating to Resident care.
- Knowledge and training under the Occupational Health & Safety Act.
- Proof of satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Screening Check.
The current salary range for this part-time position is $21.16 to $22.08 per hour, plus 14% in lieu of benefits and 4% in lieu of vacation as per the Unifor Local 8300 Collective Agreement. Please direct your application prior to 4:00pm on January 26, 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer and support applicants with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request throughout the recruitment process. Please email your request or call (613) 476-2148 ext. 1042.
The personal information being collected will be used in accordance with The Municipal Act and The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and shall only be used in the selection of a suitable candidate.