Registered Nurse (Part-Time)
The H.J. McFarland Home is a non-profit long-term care facility located on the outskirts of Picton, Ontario in beautiful Prince Edward County. Our philosophy of care is one that recognizes the individuality of each resident and where all staff, family members and community partners are valued and respected for their contributions to resident care.
Our Human Resources Department is currently accepting applications for the part-time position of Registered Nurse. Reporting to the Director of Care, this position is responsible for providing quality life care that encompasses the physical, emotional, spiritual, and social needs of all H.J. McFarland Memorial Home’s Residents. This will include the completion of Resident Care in accordance with the Home’s Mission, Vision, and Values Statement.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Successful completion of post-secondary education in Nursing with a current certificate of competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary environment and work within legislated standards and guidelines
- Excellent written and oral communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to exercise respect, tact, diplomacy, and good judgment when dealing with residents and team members
- Basic computer skills and technical ability to operate computerized equipment
- Knowledge and training under the Occupational Health & Safety Act
- Proof of a satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Screening Check
The starting salary for this position is $35.74 per hour plus 13% in lieu of benefits and 6% in lieu of vacation. RNs will be compensated for service in accordance with the salary grid outlined in the ONA Collective Agreement. Please submit your application to email@example.com.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer and support applicants with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request throughout the recruitment process. Please email your request or call (613) 476-2148 ext. 1044.
The personal information being collected will be used in accordance with The Municipal Act and The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and shall only be used in the selection of a suitable candidate.