Personal Support Worker (Full-time)
The H.J. McFarland Memorial Home is a non-profit long-term care facility located on the outskirts of Picton, Ontario in beautiful Prince Edward County. Our philosophy of care is one that recognizes the individuality of each resident, and where all staff, family members and community partners are valued and respected for their contributions to resident care.
Our Human Resources Department is currently accepting applications for the full-time permanent position of Personal Support Worker (PSW). Reporting to the Director of Care, this position is responsible for providing quality life care that encompasses the physical, emotional, spiritual, and social needs of all H.J. McFarland Memorial Home’s Residents. This will include the completion of Resident Care in accordance to the Home’s Mission, Vision, and Values Statement.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Successful completion of a PSW program with a minimum of 2 years’ experience
- Ability to provide Resident Focused care which recognizes each Resident’s individuality and autonomy
- Capable of working within legislated standards and guidelines and work in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Ability to exercise respect, tact, diplomacy, and good judgement in all matters relating to Resident care
- Knowledge and training under the Occupational Health & Safety Act
- Excellent written and oral communication and problem solving skills
- Proof of satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Screening Check
The current rate of pay for this position is $23.04 to $23.96 per hour as per the Unifor Local 8300 Collective Agreement. Compensation also includes a competitive benefit package and membership in OMERS.
Please submit your application prior to 4:00 p.m. on September 22 , 2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer and support applicants with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request throughout the recruitment process. Please email your request or call (613) 476-2148 ext. 1043.
The personal information being collected will be used in accordance with The Municipal Act and The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and shall only be used in the selection of a suitable candidate.