Are you an experienced Project Manager? Do you have knowledge of the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care Home design requirements? The County is looking to fill a four (4) year contract Project Manager position to assist with the redevelopment of H.J. McFarland Memorial Home.
Reporting to the Director of Development Services, the Project Manager is responsible for the overall coordination of the planning, design and construction phases for development of a new Municipally owned and operated Long-Term Care Home. In this role the incumbent will engage a team centric approach ensuring the values and needs of the Municipality as well as those identified by the Executive Director for H.J. McFarland Memorial Home are represented to the external design team. In addition to being principally assigned to the Long-Term Care Home development, the Project Manager may be assigned to other projects within the Development Services portfolio as workload permits.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- University degree in Engineering along with a Professional Engineer designation (P.Eng) in good standing with the Professional Engineers of Ontario (PEO) with a minimum of five (5) years’ work experience OR
- Diploma in Engineering along with a Certified Engineering Technologist (C.E.T) designation in good standing in the Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technologists and Technicians (OACETT), with a minimum of seven (7) years’ relevant work experience.
- Certification as a Project Manager Professional (PMP) through the Project Management Institute is an asset.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ structural project management experience with knowledge of the requirements of the Ministry of Long-Term Care Home design.
- Work experience must include extensive project management and contract administration experience in planning, coordinating, designing and constructing, complex, multidisciplinary projects in a Long-Term Care Home environment.
- Demonstrated communication skills, with the ability to lead and facilitate public and community meetings.
- Skilled in leading effective project teams and developing collaborative internal and external business relationships.
- Vast knowledge of construction methods, equipment and technologies.
- Ability to deal effectively at all levels of the organization and with consultants, contractors and the public exercising excellent negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Must possess a valid Ontario “G” Driver’s License in good standing and access to a reliable vehicle for business purposes.
The annual salary range for this position is $86,890 to $105,578 as per Band 7 (under review) of the Non-Union By-Law. Please forward your application prior to 4:00 pm on December 4, 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer and support applicants with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request throughout the recruitment process. Please email your request or call (613) 476-2148 ext. 1042.
The personal information being collected will be used in accordance with The Municipal Act and The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and shall only be used in the selection of a suitable candidate.