Restorative Aide (Part-time, 2 positions)
The H.J. McFarland Memorial Home is a non-profit long-term care facility located on the outskirts of Picton, Ontario in beautiful Prince Edward County. Our philosophy of care is one that recognizes the individuality of each resident and where all staff, family members and community partners are valued and respected for their contributions to resident care.
Our Human Resources Department is currently accepting applications for the part-time position of Restorative Aide. Reporting to the Recreation and Volunteer Services Supervisor, the Restorative Aide assists with the planning, assessments, implementation and evaluation of the rehabilitative programs to meet the physical and psychological needs of the residents.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Completion of a recognized post-secondary diploma at the community college level in a health-related field. We also encourage applicants with a Personal Support Worker Certificate to apply.
- Successful completion of a training program in restorative care or is enrolled in such a program, or successful completion of relevant training courses provided at the Home by a qualified Therapist (Occupational Therapist or Physiotherapist)
- CPR and First Aid Certifications
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook with knowledge of relevant software programs
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate with Residents, Family Members and Staff
- Capable of working independently with minimal supervision
- Strong organizational, planning and time management skills
- Knowledge of applicable legislation including Long-Term Care Homes Act and the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Proof of satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Screening check
The current hourly rate of pay for this part-time position is $23.74 to $24.70 per hour (under review), plus 14% in lieu of benefits and 4% in lieu of vacation as per the Unifor Local 8300 Collective Agreement. Please submit your application prior to 4 pm on September 22, 2023 to email@example.com.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer and support applicants with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request throughout the recruitment process. Please email your request or call 613.476.2148 extension 1043.
The personal information being collected will be used in accordance with The Municipal Act and The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and shall only be used in the selection of a suitable candidate.