Transit Coordinator (Temporary, Full-Time -Minimum one year)
Are you a proactive, organized individual with experience in public transit and a strong interest in helping to improve transit within The County? The Human Resources Department is seeking to fill the temporary, full-time position of Transit Coordinator. Reporting to the Programs Supervisor, the Transit Coordinator will play a vital role in coordinating and enhancing our public transit services, fostering community engagement, managing grants and contracts and driving the overall success of our transit initiatives. The Transit Coordinator will collaborate closely with our public transit service provider and other contracted service providers (where appropriate), stakeholders, and the community to ensure effective transit operations. The minimum length of the contract is one year, with the possibility of extension.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Transportation Management, Public Administration or related discipline.
- Proven experience in public transit coordination, grant management and community engagement.
- A good understanding of Prince Edward County, preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to ensure effective community engagement and collaboration.
- Strong analytical skills and proficiency in data collection and analysis.
- Familiarity with marketing and sponsorship strategies, an asset.
- Well developed organizational skills, with strong detail orientation and the ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Flexibility required to adapt to changing priorities and operational needs.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and data analysis software is required.
- Valid class ‘G’ Ontario Drivers’ License with the use of a safe, reliable vehicle.
The current rate of pay for this position is $29.67 per hour per Band 9 of CUPE Local 2275’s Collective Agreement, plus 10% in lieu of benefits and 4% in lieu of vacation. Please submit your application prior to 4:00 pm on December 8, 2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer and support applicants with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request throughout the recruitment process. Please email your request or call (613) 476-2148 ext. 1041.
The personal information being collected will be used in accordance with The Municipal Act and The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and shall only be used in the selection of a suitable candidate.