Water Services Operator (Permanent & Temporary Full-Time)
The Human Resources Department in the County of Prince Edward is currently accepting applications for two (2) permanent and one (1) temporary full-time Water Services Operators. Reporting to the Water Services Supervisor, the Water Services Operator provides direct operations and maintenance of Prince Edward County’s Water Treatment Facilities and Distribution Systems to support all legislated requirements.
The ideal candidates will possess the following qualifications:
- Completed post-secondary diploma or degree in Environmental Science or an equivalent combination of relevant education and related experience.
- Minimum Operator in Training Licences (OIT).
- Must become certified with the Ontario MECP (Ministry of Environment, Conservation and Parks) Certificates of Competency for the following disciplines in a reasonable period of time:
- Class 3 Water Treatment
- Class 2 Water Distribution
- Ability to perform industrial maintenance and troubleshoot on instrumentation and electrical equipment, as well as mechanical and plumbing systems.
- 1 – 2 years’ experience with treatment plant and distribution system repairs and maintenance considered a strong asset.
- Capable of identifying problems and troubleshooting operations with the ability to report adverse situations as required.
- Ability to keep clear, detailed, and legible records both electronically and written to support provincial compliance requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and customer service skills with the ability to exercise tact, diplomacy and good judgment at all times.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, SCADA systems, and other related operating database applications.
- Valid class ‘G’ Ontario Drivers Licence and satisfactory Driver’s Abstract.
The current hourly rate of pay for this position is $30.34 to $31.78 per hour, as per Band 10 of CUPE Local 2275’s Collective Agreement. NEW: Additional rates paid for Level 1 – 3 water or wastewater treatment licenses range from $2.50 to $8.95 per hour. Compensation also includes a comprehensive benefit package and membership in OMERS (for permanent staff) or 14% in lieu of benefits and vacation pay (for temporary staff). Please direct your application prior to 4:00pm EST on December 8, 2023, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer and support applicants with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request throughout the recruitment process. Please email your request or call (613) 476-2148 ext. 1042. The personal information being collected will be used in accordance with The Municipal Act and The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and shall only be used in the selection of a suitable candidate.