The County is encouraging everyone to check the voters list ahead of the upcoming municipal and school board elections on Monday, October 24.
Only voters who are registered on the voters list will receive a voter notification card in the mail.
“The voters list for the municipal election is different than the list used in the recent provincial election. Just because you were on one list, you may not be on the other,” says Catalina Blumenberg, Clerk. “We have had an excellent response with our “voter lookup” campaign so far, with more than 3,200 people using the online tool to ensure they are on the list. As we get closer to Election Day, it’s more important than ever to verify your information so that it is simple and easy for you to exercise your democratic right in October.”
Any eligible elector who is not on the list, or needs to change their information, can do so in the following ways:
- In person, by the applicant, at the Election Headquarters (246 Wellington Main Street, Wellington) or at the Edward Building, Suite 103 (208 Picton Main Street, Picton) during regular business hours from Tuesday, September 6 through Monday, October 2.
- Online, by the applicant, from Tuesday, September 6 until 4:30 pm on Sunday, October 23, 2022. (The online option is only for adding or amending your own information only). Click here to access the online tool.
- By email, by the applicant, to firstname.lastname@example.org from Tuesday, September 6 until 4:30 pm on Friday, October 21.
- At a ‘pop-up’ election information booth at many community events in September and October.
- At a County of Prince Edward Public Library branch during regular library hours.
- At a voting location during the Advance Vote or on Voting Day.
The next municipal election will be held on Monday, October 24. Eligible electors will be able to cast their ballot by internet or paper ballot at a ward-specific voting location. Visit the County’s election website to learn more or email email@example.com.