December 20, 2022
The Water and Wastewater Department will be continuing work to conduct repairs as a result of a watermain leak on Bowery Street in Picton.
- Staff and contractors were unable to successfully locate and repair the leak on Monday, December 19. Additional leak detection has been conducted and work will recommence Wednesday, December 21.
- Repairs will continue Wednesday, December 21 at 8 am, with an expected completion time of 6 pm the same day.
- The dead-end portion of Bowery Street south of Mary Street will be closed to local traffic only.
- Heavy equipment may limit visibility in the area and noise levels will be elevated for the duration of the repair.
- These repairs are not expected to impact water quality; however, residents on Mary Street between Chapel Street and Elizabeth Street, and residents on Bowery Street south of Mary Street will experience an interruption to service, intermittent pressure fluctuations and coloured water while construction is taking place. The water remains safe to drink when service is restored.
- If coloured water is experienced, customers are encouraged to flush their water lines at the cold water tap nearest to the water meter once work is complete.
- For more information, contact the County of Prince Edward at 613.476.2148 ext. 1023, 613.962.9108 ext. 1023, or email@example.com.
Please note: The County of Prince Edward provides this information as a service to the general public. While we do our best to provide accurate information, construction projects and associated service disruptions are subject to change based on weather, road, traffic, and other uncontrollable conditions.