Contractors will start work on the Talbot Street / County Road 4 reconstruction project on Monday, July 4.
- The project includes roadway improvements on Talbot Street from George Wright Boulevard to the Millennium Trail, and on County Road 4 from the Millennium Trail to County Road 34, inclusive of intersection improvements with Hull Road and County Road 34.
- The contractor will maintain a minimum of one lane of traffic through the construction zone at all times. Residents in the construction zone will have access to their properties at all times.
- The work on Talbot Street will involve the installation of new underground infrastructure including watermains, sanitary sewers, and storm sewers. Once the underground work is complete, the roadway will be reconstructed with new concrete curb and gutters, concrete sidewalk, and a new an asphalt roadway surface.
- County Road 4 work will involve various culvert replacements and drainage improvements along with repaving of the existing roadway.
- Heavy equipment may limit visibility in both areas and noise levels will be elevated for the duration of the project. Motorists are asked to avoid the construction area if possible.
- For more information, contact the County of Prince Edward at 613.476.2148 ext. 1023, 613.962.9108 ext. 1023, or firstname.lastname@example.org.