The municipality is seeking public input on the County’s Parks and Recreation Master Plan.
A Parks and Recreation Master Plan provides the community with a long-range planning document that helps guide investment in the County’s parks, recreation, trails and sports system. The plan is also used to help with annual budget development, future planning and preparation of development charges.
Parks and recreation resources and services provide for the purpose of leisure, entertainment and recreational pursuits. Resources may be public spaces and facilities such as parks, open space areas, trails and structures for sport, recreation or arts programs.
The County is preparing a Parks and Recreation Master Plan to guide the future direction of recreational facilities and services over the next 10 years. Sierra Planning and Management, in collaboration with the MBTW Group and WGD Architects, has been commissioned to develop the County’s Parks and Recreation Master Plan.
Members of the public will have an opportunity to attend one of the following public consultation sessions held in March:
- Wednesday, March 8 from 6 – 8 pm – In person at Highline Hall (Wellington and District Community Centre)
- Thursday, March 9 from 6 – 8 pm – In person at North Marysburgh Town Hall
- Wednesday, March 22 from 12 – 1:30 pm – Virtual consultation. You must RSVP to reserve your spot for this meeting. Once you have RSVP’d, a link to the meeting will be sent to you the day of the meeting. Click here to reserve your spot for this meeting.
- Thursday, March 23 from 6 – 8 pm – In person at Ameliasburgh Town Hall
- Monday, March 27 from 6 – 8 pm – In person at Rotary Club of Picton Hall (Prince Edward Community Centre)
An online survey is available on the County’s Have Your Say website and through a direct link. The public is encouraged to complete the survey to help ensure that the master plan reflects the needs of all residents. The survey is available in different formats upon request. For more information, please contact 613.476.2148 extension 1023 or email@example.com. The survey closes March 28, 2023.
More information on the master plan development process and project updates are available on Have Your Say.
If you have questions or require further information, please contact Lisa Lindsay, Director of Recreation and Community Facilities, at 613.476.2148 extension 5001 or firstname.lastname@example.org.