*Please note that the September 13 Regular Meeting of Council was recessed to September 20*
Catherine Sprague, Chair, Traffic Advisory Committee, addressed Council regarding the Traffic Advisory Committee Annual Report.
Rick Gwozdowski, Chair, Police Service Board and the CSWB Advisory Committee, addressed Council regarding the Prince Edward County Community Safety and Well-being Plan.
Council then endorsed the 2022-2025 Community Safety and Well-being Plan for Prince Edward County.
Items for Consideration
Council adopted the Wellington Heritage Conservation District Plan and passed a by-law designating the Wellington Heritage Conservation District under Part V, Section 41 of the Ontario Heritage Act.
Council amended By-law 108-2021, being a By-Law to Licence, Regulate and Govern The Operation Of Short-Term Accommodation (STA) Dwelling Rentals In The Corporation Of The County Of Prince Edward as listed on the September 13 Council agenda. Additionally, Council approved a By-Law to amend By-Law 4519-2019 Being A By-Law To Establish A System Of Administrative Penalties For Non-Compliance With By-Laws Of The County Of Prince Edward pertaining to STA fines.
Council approved a By-Law in accordance with s.35 of the Municipal Act, to restrict motorized vehicles and limit time of day and passage of the public on the following roads leading to the Western Beaches:
- Coastal Quarter Sessions Road allowance along the western coast line in its entirety from Arthur Road to County Road 20 (Huyck’s Point Road);
- That portion of Arthur Road from the point at which is it unimproved to the coastal Quarter Sessions Road;
- That portion of County Road 27 from the point at which it is unimproved to the coastal Quarter Sessions Road;
- That portion of Bakker Road from the point at which it is unimproved to the coastal Quarter Sessions Road; and,
- That portion of County Road 20 (Huyck’s Point Road) from the point at which it is unimproved to the coastal Quarter Sessions Road.
Council approved the cancellation, reduction, or refund of taxes pursuant to applications made under Sections 357 and 358 of the Municipal Act, 2001 totalling $11,606.84; of which $9,956.88 is the County’s portion and $1,649.96 will be charged to the appropriate school boards.
Council also approved amending By-Law 2958-2011, Being A By-Law to Provide for The Licensing, Regulation And Registration Of Dogs for service and support animals to not be included in the maximum calculation of maximum dogs allowed.
Next Council meeting: November 8, 2022
This summary is not a complete record of the proceedings of the meeting. For the official record, please refer to the minutes in the next Council agenda. A video of this meeting is available on The County’s YouTube Channel.