The County of Prince Edward is adopting a new electronic platform to make the procurement process more efficient for suppliers on every bid opportunity.
“This exciting change that will improve our procurement processes and allow local businesses to bid on the County’s goods and services along with other opportunities in the surrounding area, ” says Matthew Nestorovski, Procurement Coordinator.
The County joins hundreds of other public sector agencies across North America that are using the platform developed by bids&tenders to receive bid submissions online.
Suppliers who do business with the County can take advantage of the following platform features:
- Upload and submit bids 100% electronically
- Eliminate calculation errors with the automatic table calculator
- Track and manage bids at a glance with a custom, vendor dashboard
- Flexibility to work on a bid, save work, withdraw and change bids, then resubmit at any time prior to the closing date if desired
- Ability to see the closing unofficial bid results in real-time
- Select personalized categories of work for bidding
- Receive automated email notifications of new bid opportunities, including addendums
- Receive automated confirmations when bids have been submitted, received, or withdrawn
- Receive reminders if a bid has been started but not submitted 24 hours from bid close
“We recognize that our suppliers are busy. We want to save them the time they spend driving to our office for public openings and dropping off bid documents,” Mr. Nestorovski adds. “Eliminating these trips along with moving away from paper submissions supports the County’s commitment to adopting more environmentally friendly practices and processes.”
An online information session for suppliers will be held on Thursday, January 12 from 2 – 3 pm. The County is asking suppliers to register in advance for the information session.
The recording will be posted on the County’s website.
If you have questions, contact Mr. Nestorovski at 613.476.2148 extension 1506 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.