Prince Edward County Municipal Services


Find the info you need on relocating, starting or expanding your business in Prince Edward County.


Explore what Prince Edward County has to offer for residents and visitors alike.



County seeks members for advisory committees

January 12, 2024

The County is looking to attract a diverse range of dedicated community volunteers to serve on the following committees:

  • Accessibility Advisory Committee: suitable for someone with an understanding of the social and environmental impact of accessibility on our community.
  • Traffic Advisory Committee: suitable for someone with knowledge of the County’s road network or active transportation/traffic trends.
  • Committee of Adjustment: suitable for someone with knowledge of land development and environmental planning.
  • Wellington, Picton, Ameliasburgh, Hillier and Athol Ward Recreation Committees: suitable for someone who has a passion for bringing their ward together or has party planning experience.
  • Prince Edward County Public Library Board: suitable for a resident of the south-east of the County, as those areas are currently not represented. Also, someone who has business and/or fundraising/marketing experience.
  • Water and Wastewater Rates Community Committee: suitable for someone with financial, legal, or engineering experience or who has knowledge of laws impacting infrastructure. Mandatory Resume and/or CV is required with application.

Becoming a member of a citizen board/committee offers residents a unique chance to volunteer their highly valued skills and knowledge to strengthen our shared sense of community.

To be eligible to serve on a committee, applicants must be:

  • a Canadian citizen, or permanent resident living in Prince Edward County; or
  • a property or business owner in the County of Prince Edward;
  • a minimum of 16 years of age or older
  • There may be additional eligibility requirements required by legislation for membership, which are outlined in the terms of reference.

You can apply online through the County website. A hard copy of the application form will also be available at the following locations:

Apply by 11:59 pm on Friday, February 9, 2024, and help make a difference in our community!

If you have questions, contact the Clerk’s Office at 613.476.2148 extension 1020 or email

Share This:

Related News & Notices

Roof replacement at Wellington Heritage Museum begins July 16

Traffic disruptions on Loyalist Parkway and Millenium Trail (Consecon) July 17

Work at front entrance of Shire Hall July 15 – 19

Public information meeting for Cold Creek Subdivision (Hallowell Ward) scheduled for July 30

Traffic disruptions in Bloomfield July 13 for Soapbox Derby

Several in-person meetings planned for park improvement projects