The County is looking to attract a diverse range of dedicated community volunteers to serve on the Appeals Committee or the Prince Edward County Affordable Housing Corporation.
Appeals Committee (three public members):
This is a statutory quasi-judicial committee established under the provisions of Ontario’s Building Code. The Appeals Committee is directed through the Building Code and various Prince Edward County by-laws to hear appeals on the following matters:
- Dog Licensing (By-Law 2958-2011)
- Mobile Restaurants (By-Law 48-2023)
- Taxi-Limo (By-Law 63-2020)
- Noise By-law – Issue Noise Permits, and noise by-law matters under By-Law 143-2022
Prince Edward County Affordable Housing Corporation (three board members):
The Prince Edward County Affordable Housing Corporation (PECAHC) is a municipal services corporation charged with developing affordable housing. PECAHC is also currently working toward building affordable rental housing with support from the Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC), and other sources. It also advises and works with community groups to ensure policy development for housing across the spectrum.
Becoming a member of a citizen board/committee offers residents a unique chance to volunteer their highly valued skills and knowledge to strengthen our shared sense of community.
To be eligible to serve on the Appeals Committee or the Affordable Housing Corporation, applicants must be:
- a Canadian citizen, or permanent resident living in Prince Edward County; or
- a property or business owner in the County of Prince Edward;
- a minimum of 16 years of age or older
- There may be additional eligibility requirements required by legislation for membership, which are outlined in the terms of reference.
You can apply online through the County website. A hard copy of the application form will also be available at the following locations:
- Shire Hall (332 Main Street, Picton), Monday to Friday between 8:30 am to 5 pm
- County of Prince Edward Public Library branches during library hours.
Apply by 11:59 pm on Monday, October 23, 2023, and help make a difference in our community!
If you have questions, contact the Clerk’s Office at 613.476.2148 extension 1020 or email email@example.com.