The County is looking to attract a diverse range of dedicated community volunteers to serve on several municipal committees.
Citizen committees provide Council and staff with input about a wide variety of subjects through discussions, presentations and recommendations. Some committees also organize and participate in community events.
Becoming a member of a citizen committee offers residents a unique chance to volunteer their highly valued skills and knowledge to strengthen our shared sense of community.
The County is looking to fill the following vacancies:
- Cemetery Advisory Committee – 1 member
- Community and Economic Development Commission – 1 member
- Heritage Advisory Committee – 2 members
- North Marysburgh Recreation Board – 2 members
- Picton Recreation Board – 1 member
- Sophiasburgh Recreation Board – 2 members
- Traffic Advisory Committee – 1 member
Any permanent resident, property owner, or business owner in Prince Edward County that is 16 years of age or older is eligible to apply.
The deadline to apply for the committee openings is 4 pm on Friday January 21, 2022. To learn more and to apply online, visit the County website (https://www.thecounty.ca/government/boards-committees/).
If you have any questions, please contact the Clerk’s Office at email@example.com or call 613.476.2148 extension 1020 between the hours of 8:30 am and 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday.