December 7, 2022
The hoisting of the steel tank for the new Wellington water tower is scheduled to occur on Thursday, December 8.
- The hoisting process will begin at approximately 10 am and is anticipated to be completed in the afternoon.
- Those wishing to observe the hoist may park at the Wellington and District Community Centre.
- The hoist is weather dependent and could be rescheduled if the winds are too high. Follow the County on Facebook and Twitter for updates.
- The County is constructing a new water tower (elevated water storage tank) at the northeast corner of the Belleville Street and First Avenue intersection.
- The project also includes the installation of a permanent bulk water filling station at the site. This new station will replace the existing station on Beach Street and the temporary station at the Wellington and District Community Centre.
- Visit the project website to learn more.
Please note: The County of Prince Edward provides this information as a service to the general public. While we do our best to provide accurate information, construction projects and associated service disruptions are subject to change based on weather, road, traffic, and other uncontrollable conditions.