The deadline to submit your application for an election official position during the upcoming municipal election has been extended to Friday, July 15 at 4 pm.
The Clerk’s Office is hiring for the following positions:
- Deputy Returning Officer
- Election Constable
- Revision Clerk
- Election Assistant
Detailed job descriptions for each position are posted on the County’s election website. The rate of pay is $16.25 to $17.00 per hour. Election officials are paid for attending the mandatory training session.
The hours of work are:
- Advanced Voting Day – Saturday, October 15, 2022 from 9 am to 5 pm
- Voting Day – Monday, October 24, 2022 from 9 am to 9 pm
To work as an election official, you must be at least 16 years of age or older. The County is seeking candidates who:
- are personable
- possess problem-solving skills
- are able to act as a leader
- are able to communicate in English (also able to speak French is an asset)
- are comfortable using computers
- are able to work long shifts (up to 12+ hours on Election Day)
- are able to travel if required and hold a valid driver’s licence and vehicle, if needed.
Previous election experience is considered an asset. If you have questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org or all 613.476.2148 extension 1021 or 1026.