Individuals who are eligible for a third (booster) shot of the COVID-19 vaccine can walk in and receive it at the Prince Edward Community Centre clinic (375 Picton Main Street).
The following individuals can book a third (booster) shot:
- Individuals aged 70 and over (born in 1951 or earlier)
- Health-care workers and designated essential caregivers in congregate settings (including long-term care home and retirement home staff and designated caregivers)
- Individuals who received a complete series of a viral vector vaccine (two doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine or one dose of the Janssen vaccine)
- First Nation, Inuit and Métis adults and their non-Indigenous household members
Please note: at least six months (168 days) must have passed since the second dose before eligible individuals can get the third dose.
The remaining dates in November for the Picton walk-in clinic are:
- Monday, November 15 – 1-7 pm
- Thursday, November 18 – 10 am to 4 pm
- Monday, November 22 – 1-7 pm
- Thursday, November 25 – 10 am to 4 pm
- Monday, November 29 – 1-7 pm
First and second doses still available
The walk-in clinics are also administering first and second doses of the COVID-19 vaccine. Individuals born on or before December 31, 2009 who are seeking their first or second dose of the COVID-19 vaccine can walk in to the clinic during dates and times listed above.
First-dose eligibility: Individuals 12 years of age or older by December 31, 2021 (born in 2009 and earlier).r
- Individuals who received Moderna vaccine for their first dose can attend a clinic for their second dose as early as 28 days after the first
- Individuals who received Pfizer vaccine for their first dose can attend a clinic for their second dose as early as 21 days after the firs.
- Anyone who received a first dose of AstraZeneca is eligible for second dose after eight weeks
Please bring your photo ID and your health card when you attend a walk-in clinic.
Residents can also receive their first or second dose at participating local pharmacies, by contacting the pharmacy directly. Please visit covid-19.ontario.ca/vaccine-locations for location and registration information.
For a list of all walk-in, mobile and pre-booked vaccination opportunities in Hastings and Prince Edward Counties, visit the HPEPH website.
For more information, contact the County of Prince Edward at 613.476.2148 ext. 1023, 613.962.9108 ext. 1023, or firstname.lastname@example.org.