The Water and Wastewater Department will be conducting emergency repairs as a result of a watermain break on Owen Street in Picton.
- Repairs will begin at 8 am on Monday, November 9, with an expected completion time of 5 pm the same day.
- The work will take place on Owen Street between Church Street and Maitland Street.
- Motorists are asked to avoid the construction area and travel alternate routes.
- Heavy equipment may limit visibility in the area and noise levels will be elevated for the duration of the repair.
- These repairs are not expected to impact water quality; however, water customers in the area may experience intermittent pressure fluctuations or temporary loss of service while construction is taking place. The water remains safe to drink throughout the duration of construction.
- Once service is returned discolouration of the water may be experienced. Customers are encouraged to flush their taps until it clears.
- For more information, contact the County of Prince Edward at 613.476.2148 ext. 1023, 613.962.9108 ext. 1023, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: The County of Prince Edward provides this information as a service to the general public. While we do our best to provide accurate information, construction projects and associated service disruptions are subject to change based on weather, road, traffic, and other uncontrollable conditions.