The Water and Wastewater Department will be working to conduct emergency repairs as a result of a watermain leak on Wellington Main Street between Maple Street and Belleville Street in Wellington.
- Repairs will begin tonight, Thursday, January 13 at 5 pm, with an expected completion time of 2 am on Friday, January 14.
- Wellington Main Street will be reduced to one lane for the duration of the repairs. Traffic control will be in place. Motorists are asked to avoid the construction area and travel alternate routes if possible.
- Heavy equipment may limit visibility in the area and noise levels will be elevated for the duration of the repair.
- The Wellington Bulk Water Station will be temporarily out of service until repairs and testing have been completed. Bulk water customers are directed to the Picton Bulk Water Station at 15 MacSteven Drive, Picton.
- These repairs are not expected to impact water quality; however, residents on Wellington Main Street between Maple Street and Belleville Street will experience an interruption to service, intermittent pressure fluctuations and coloured water while construction is taking place. The water remains safe to drink throughout the duration of construction.
- If coloured water is experienced, customers are encouraged to flush their water lines at the cold water tap nearest to the water meter once maintenance is complete.
- For more information, contact the County of Prince Edward at 613.476.2148 ext. 1023, 613.962.9108 ext. 1023, or email@example.com.
Please note: The County of Prince Edward provides this information as a service to the general public. While we do our best to provide accurate information, construction projects and associated service disruptions are subject to change based on weather, road, traffic, and other uncontrollable conditions