The public is now allowed to consume food and drink inside municipal recreation facilities. This is in line with recent updates to the provincial guidelines that came into effect on January 31, 2022.
Food and drink protocols include:
- Food and drink can only be consumed by spectators when seated.
- A mask must be worn at all times when inside County recreation facilities. Patrons may temporarily remove their mask when eating or drinking a beverage in their seat.
- Concessions and vending machines will remain closed until further notice.
- Participants who are actively participating in a sport or recreation activity are not required to wear masks, and may drink water or other beverages as needed.
The requirement to wear masks in County facilities is governed by by-law 115-2020 which includes a fine of up to $1,000 for non-compliance. Masks must cover the nose, mouth and chin at all times. Patrons who are not wearing a suitable mask will be asked to change their face coverings before entering.
In addition, the public is reminded that proof of vaccination is required for everyone entering the facility who is 12 years and older. Proof of vaccination requirements include:
- A vaccination certificate with a QR code is required to enter the facility. This may be presented digitally or on paper, as long as the QR code is present. To download your enhanced certificate, visit the Provincial vaccine portal.
- The vaccination certificate must be paired with a valid photo ID. Digital copies of ID will not be accepted for anyone 18 years or older. Those 12-17 years of age may present digital copies of ID if required.
The health and safety of the community remains a top priority for the municipality. The County consulted with Hastings Prince Edward Public Health when putting in place protocols that ensure the public has both a safe and enjoyable experience when visiting a recreation facility.
If you have any questions or concerns, contact the County of Prince Edward at 613.476.2148 ext. 1023, 613.962.9108 ext. 1023, or email@example.com.