The Water and Wastewater Department will be conducting fire flow testing at fire hydrants on Bridge Street between Picton Main Street and Union Street in Picton.
- Testing will be conducted on Tuesday, December 21 at approximately 9 am, with an expected completion time of 11 am.
- There will not be traffic disruptions as a result of this testing.
- While testing is taking place, customers are asked to avoid excessive water use (Example: running tap water for extended periods, using the washing machine and dish washer simultaneously).
- The testing is not expected to impact water quality; however, residents living in the area may experience intermittent pressure fluctuations and coloured water. The water remains safe to drink throughout the duration of testing.
- If coloured water is experienced, customers are encouraged to flush their water lines at the cold water tap nearest to the water meter once testing is complete.
- For more information, contact the County of Prince Edward at 613.476.2148 ext. 1023, 613.962.9108 ext. 1023, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: The County of Prince Edward provides this information as a service to the general public. While we do our best to provide accurate information, construction projects and associated service disruptions are subject to change based on weather, road, traffic, and other uncontrollable conditions.