The County of Prince Edward has ended the significant weather event declaration that was issued on Sunday, January 16.
- By declaring the end of the significant weather event, the municipality believes the weather has subsided enough to meet the winter maintenance objectives.
- Crews will continue to work to clear roads and make them safe for travelling over the next several days. Travellers should give snow plows lots of space as they clear the roads. Crews will be removing snow along roadsides in Picton overnight on January 20, January 21, and January 23.
- Even though the significant weather event has come to an end, travellers should still exercise caution and drive according to weather conditions. High winds will result in snow drifts along some County roads.
- Visit the County website for more information about road plowing priorities.
- Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts posted on the Environment Canada website.
- Recycling collection that was cancelled on Monday, January 17 has been rescheduled to Saturday, January 22. Learn more
- For more information, contact the County of Prince Edward at 613.476.2148 ext. 1023, 613.962.9108 ext. 1023, or email@example.com.
Please note: The County of Prince Edward provides this information as a service to the general public. While we do our best to provide accurate information, construction projects and associated service disruptions are subject to change based on weather, road, traffic, and other uncontrollable conditions.