Prince Edward County Municipal Services


Find the info you need on relocating, starting or expanding your business in Prince Edward County.


Explore what Prince Edward County has to offer for residents and visitors alike.



New garbage bag tag price to take effect January 20

January 16, 2023

County of Prince Edward garbage bag tags will cost $3.25 as of January 20, 2023.

Council approved the increase at its regular meeting on December 14. The increase is required to offset increased expenditures related to operating this partial user-pay program. Funds generated by bag tags cover approximately 41% of the County’s solid waste management program, while the remaining 59% is covered by the general tax base.

The municipality last updated the bag tag fee in 2012.

As of January 20, 2023, any pink garbage bag tags purchased within the County will cost $3.25 per tag; any pink tags purchased prior to January 20, 2023 are still permitted for use on bags placed outside for curbside pickup.

Click here to view the locations where bag tags are sold.

Garbage is collected weekly in the County. Each week, residents may place a maximum of two bags per week at the curb and commercial businesses may place a maximum of five bags per week at the curb. All bags must have a tag and be placed at the curb by 7 am.

For more information, contact the County of Prince Edward at 613.476.2148 ext. 1023, 613.962.9108 ext. 1023, or

Share This:

Related News & Notices

Improved payment system for online burn permit sales

Watermain flushing & hydrant maintenance and fire flow testing (Picton)

Municipal offices closed for National Day for Truth and Reconciliation observance

County to present preferred alternative for Picton Town Hill intersection on October 3

County removing electric vehicle charger from King Street parking lot (Picton) September 21

NOTICE: Skyway Bridge overnight closures scheduled for September 19 and 20