Work will take place within the Picton Town Hill intersection during the overnight hours on Wednesday, July 13 and Thursday, July 14.
The goal is to complete the work and re-establish two lanes for eastbound and westbound traffic on Bridge Street as quickly as possible on Thursday, July 14. Working overnight will allow the municipality to avoid a multi-day closure of the intersection.
- Work will take place starting at 7 pm on Wednesday, July 13 and continue until the morning on Thursday, July 14.
- The intersection will be closed to traffic from Wednesday evening until Thursday morning.
- All properties in the vicinity of the work will remain accessible by the detour route. See the attached map.
- The municipality agreed to permit overnight construction for one night only in order to limit traffic congestion on Bridge Street and through the intersection.
- Heavy equipment may limit visibility in the area and noise levels will be elevated for the duration of the overnight work.
- The County’s noise by-law provides contractors with an exception to the regulations if undertaking municipal road work.
- This work is part of the project to reconstruct Picton Main Street from Bridge Street to Johnson Street.
- Due to unexpected conditions, the planned sanitary sewer replacement must now extend into the eastbound lane of Bridge Street. This complicates the planned work as this lane was intended to be left open while work was completed across Bridge Street.
- Because of the depth of the sewer and the size of the equipment required to do the work, very little space will be available to move traffic on Bridge Street as it approaches the top of the hill.
- For more information, contact the County of Prince Edward at 613.476.2148 extension 1023, 962.9108 extension 1023, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: The County of Prince Edward provides this information as a service to the general public. While we do our best to provide accurate information, construction projects and associated service disruptions are subject to change based on weather, road, traffic, and other uncontrollable conditions.