Prince Edward County Municipal Services


Find the info you need on relocating, starting or expanding your business in Prince Edward County.


Explore what Prince Edward County has to offer for residents and visitors alike.



Partial burn ban lifted November 20

November 20, 2023

ALL OPEN AIR BURNING ALLOWED  The partial burn ban has been lifted after all criteria have been met for open air burning.

  • To have a fire in Prince Edward County, you must have a current permit and activate it every day that you are having a fire. A burn permit is required for all open air burning. Burn permits cost $25 and expire at the end of the calendar year (December 31, 2023).
  • An online system is available for purchasing and activating new burn permits. Visit the County website for more information.
  • You can also acquire a burn permit through the mail. Print off and fill out a burn permit application and mail it to Prince Edward County Fire & Rescue Administrative Office, Station 1, Picton, ON – 8 McDonald Drive, Picton, ON K0K 2T0 along with a cheque for $25 for each property if there are more than one.
  • You must call 1.833.376.1011 to activate your burn permit.
  • The burn status can be checked anytime by calling 1.833.376.1011 or by visiting the County website.

Please note: The County of Prince Edward provides this information as a service to the general public. While we do our best to provide accurate information, construction projects and associated service disruptions are subject to change based on weather, road, traffic, and other uncontrollable conditions.


Share This:

Related News & Notices

Traffic disruptions on Talbot Street (Picton) December 4 – 6

County studying future of transportation in Picton

Dredging of Wellington Channel to begin December 4

Open air fires permitted -December 1, 2023

Construction on Wharf Street (Wellington) December 4

Section of Gommorah Road closed December 1