Partial burn ban — The County of Prince Edward is under a partial burn ban.
The County of Prince Edward is under a partial burn ban throughout the municipality due to the projected wind speeds.
- Under a partial burn ban, burning is restricted to a container with a screened top or a small campfire. Propane fueled appliances such as BBQs and fire tables are exempted from the Open-Air Burning By-law.
- Prince Edward County Fire and Rescue reminds residents that a burn permit is required for all open air burning. Learn more
- The fire chief evaluates weather and ground conditions to determine the necessity of a burn ban. When conditions improve, the ban will be updated.
- The burn status can be checked anytime by calling 1.833.376.1011 or by visiting the County website.
- For more information, contact Fire Dispatch, Prince Edward County at 613.476.2345 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To report a complaint about illegal burning, call 613-476-2345 immediately at the time of your complaint. If your concern is an emergency, dial 911.
Please note: The County of Prince Edward provides this information as a service to the general public. While we do our best to provide accurate information, construction projects and associated service disruptions are subject to change based on weather, road, traffic, and other uncontrollable conditions.