Fire Chief Robert Rutter has put in place a partial burn ban for the municipality, due to the dry weather conditions.
- Under a partial ban, burning is restricted to a container with a screened top or a small campfire.
- Prince Edward County Fire and Rescue reminds residents that a burn permit is required for all open air burning. Learn more
- The fire chief evaluates weather and ground conditions to determine the necessity of a burn ban. When conditions improve, the ban will be updated.
- The burn status is available at any time by calling 613.476.7232, 613.962.3497 or by visiting The County homepage.
- For more information, contact Fire Dispatch, Prince Edward County at 613.476.2345 or email@example.com.
Please note: The County of Prince Edward provides this information as a service to the general public. While we do our best to provide accurate information, construction projects and associated service disruptions are subject to change based on weather, road, traffic, and other uncontrollable conditions.