The new pedestrian crossover has been activated in Wellington.
The pedestrian crossing is located on Wellington Main Street in the area of St. Andrews Anglican Church on the north side of the road (244 Wellington Main Street) and Wellington United Church on the south side (243 Wellington Main Street).
The County is reminding pedestrians, motorists, and cyclists about how the pedestrian crossover works:
- Activate the signal lights
- Make eye contact with motorists and cyclists and indicate you want to cross before entering the pedestrian crossover
- Make sure that traffic has fully stopped before you enter the pedestrian crossover
Motorists and Cyclists
- Stop when you see the pedestrian sign, the light flashing and a pedestrian waiting to cross
- You must stop until the pedestrian has completely crossed; it’s the law
- It is illegal to pass any other vehicle within 30 metres of the crosswalk
- Cyclists who want to use the pedestrian crossover must dismount and walk their bike across; it’s the law
For more information, contact the County of Prince Edward at 613.476.2148 extension 1023, 613.962.9108 extension 1023, or email@example.com.
Please note: The County of Prince Edward provides this information as a service to the general public. While we do our best to provide accurate information, construction projects and associated service disruptions are subject to change based on weather, road, traffic, and other uncontrollable conditions.