The County of Prince Edward reminds taxpayers that Monday, March 15 is the deadline to pay 2022 interim tax bills for all properties.
The municipality sent the 2022 interim tax notices for all properties on February 15, 2022 by mail (or by email to those enrolled in electronic billing.) Failure to receive a tax notice does not absolve the property owner from any taxes due or from penalty charges for late payment. Accounts in arrears will be subject to interest of 1.25% on March 15, 2022 and on the first day of each month that they remain unpaid.
If you did not receive your tax notice, please contact the Tax Department by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 613.476.2148 extension 1530.
Property owners are strongly encouraged to make payments online or by mail to reduce in-person contact and line-ups at the Edward Building customer service office. The following methods of payment are available:
- Electronic payments through online or telephone banking services by searching “Prince Edward” and selecting the payee that references County Taxes. Use the roll number (no dashes) as the account number.
- Mail a cheque made payable to “The County of Prince Edward” to 332 Picton Main Street, Picton, ON K0K 2T0.
- Pre-authorized payment Register using the online enrollment form.
- Cheque payments can also be left in the drop box located to the left of the Shire Hall front entrance at 332 Picton Main Street, Picton.
- Payments can be made at most financial institutions by taking a copy of the bill directly to the bank branch.
If you require in-person service, please note that appointments are required for in-person service at the Edward Building until February 20, 2022. Starting on February 21, the customer service desk at the Edward Building will reopen for drop-in service. All in-person visitors are required to wear a mask and complete COVID-19 self-screening before entering the office.
Additional information is available by emailing email@example.com or by calling 613.476.2148 extension 1530.
E-billing available – If you are interested in going paperless, please complete and submit the registration form.