UPDATE: Construction has resumed following the end of the strike on May 20, 2022
A province-wide strike by the International Union of Operating Engineers (IUOE) has impacted the construction of the new water tower in Wellington.
- IUOE went on strike as of Monday, May 2. All work at the Wellington water tower has stopped as a result of the strike.
- Construction on the foundation of the water tower cannot proceed as the operators of the drill machinery are members of the IUOE.
- County staff are monitoring the situation and will provide further updates as they become available.
- The municipality is constructing a new water tower with larger storage capacity and higher water level. Visit the County website for more information about the project.
- For more information, contact the County of Prince Edward at 613.476.2148 extension 1023, 613.962.9108 extension 1023 or email@example.com.