Quinte Waste Solutions (QWS) is instituting a limit on the number of recycling bags it will pick up at local businesses.
The change will minimize traffic disruptions associated with collecting large stockpiles of street-side material and will improve the safety of workers collecting the material.
The change will take effect the week of October 18, 2021.
- QWS will pick up 10 bags of recycling per week at the curbside of businesses.
- The recycling bags have to be properly sorted with one type of material per bag.
- Visit the QWS website to learn which items that QWS accepts.
- If businesses have additional recycling beyond the 10-bag limit, they can take the excess material to a County landfill and transfer site.
- Visit the County website for more information about the locations, hours, and types of material accepted at the municipal landfill and transfer sites.
- If you have questions, contact the County at 613.476.2148 extension 1023, 613.962.9108 extension 1023, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: The County of Prince Edward provides this information as a service to the general public. While we do our best to provide accurate information, construction projects and associated service disruptions are subject to change based on weather, road, traffic, and other uncontrollable conditions.