Reduced load restrictions will be in place on County roads as of February 21, 2022. During the reduced load period, loads are restricted to 5 tonnes per axle.
- Effective February 21 reduced load restrictions will be in effect on municipal roads. Highway 33, County Road 49 and Highway 62 are not subject to load restrictions.
- The load restrictions will be lifted when weather and road conditions are favourable for full loads, which is typically on or around April 30.
- This restriction does not apply to those who haul potable water, septage, or heating fuel for residential and institutional uses.
- The County may grant commodity producers and distributors an exemption to transport perishable or market-sensitive commodities that cannot reasonably be divided during the reduced load period.
- For further information about the reduced load period or exemptions, please refer to by-law 2406-2009 or contact the Operations Office at 613.476.2148 extension 4000.
Please note: The County of Prince Edward provides this information as a service to the general public. While we do our best to provide accurate information, construction projects and associated service disruptions are subject to change based on weather, road, traffic, and other uncontrollable conditions.