The rehabilitation of a bridge on County Road 4 will begin on Monday, July 4.
The bridge, located on County Road 4 approximately 1 km east of Highway 62 at the Consecon River, will be completely closed to vehicular and pedestrian traffic during rehabilitation.
In order to facilitate the rehabilitation, traffic will be detoured around the bridge via Jericho Road and Doxsee Road. View the map
A2Z Civil is rehabilitating the bridge. The work is expected to be completed by September 30, 2022.
Access to driveways in the area will be provided at all times during construction. Garbage and recycling pick up will be maintained; however, this may require A2Z Civil to pick up garbage and recycling bins and move them to an alternate pick-up location. A2Z Civil will return empty recycle bins to the end of residents’ driveways at the end of each pick-up day.
The project involves the following work:
- Removal and replacement of existing concrete deck slab
- Concrete overlay of curbs and capping of concrete parapet walls
- Removal of expansion joints and conversion to semi-integral abutment design
- Miscellaneous concrete patch repairs
- Installation of steel beam guide rail and hot mix paving of approaches
For more information, contact the County of Prince Edward at 613.476.2148 ext. 1023, 613.962.9108 ext. 1023, or firstname.lastname@example.org