The County’s sanitary sewer flushing and maintenance program began on Wednesday, April 27, 2022 in the Picton Wastewater Collection System. Sanitary sewer flushing will take place between the hours of 7 am and 6 pm, Monday to Friday.
- Sanitary sewer mains will be flushed using high pressure water and service will be conducted on pumping stations throughout Picton and Wellington Wastewater Collection Systems.
- The sanitary sewer flushing and maintenance program in Picton will take place in the following locations:
May 9 – 13, 2022: Continued flushing on Argyle Crescent and Rogers Street, Ena Street, Burns Avenue, Mary Street, Elizabeth Street, Bowery Street, William Street, Phillip Street, Low Street, Harvey Street, Maitland Street, Owen Street, and Barker, Queen and Jane Streets between Paul Street and Johnson Street
- Detailed information on what to expect when flushing is taking place in your area is available here. To receive updates on where hydrant flushing is taking place, follow The County on Twitter and on Facebook.
- Customers in the immediate area of sanitary sewer flushing are asked to keep toilet seats closed on the first and basement levels of dwellings. Splashing may occur intermittently as sewer mains are flushed.
- Heavy equipment may limit visibility in the area of flushing and noise levels will be elevated for the duration of work.
- Customers are asked not to approach Wastewater Operations Staff in the field conducting sanitary sewer flushing and to respect physical/social distancing provisions maintaining a minimum distance of 6.5 feet or 2 metres if passing by.
- For more information, contact the County of Prince Edward at 613.476.2148 extension 1023, 613.962.9108 extension 1023 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: The County of Prince Edward provides this information as a service to the general public. While we do our best to provide accurate information, hydrant maintenance and associated service disruptions are subject to change based on weather, road, traffic, and other conditions beyond our control.