January 16, 2023
The County will be conducting sanitary sewer flushing on Jane Street to the intersection of Paul Street in the Picton wastewater collection system on Tuesday, January 17 between the hours of 7am and 12pm.
- Sanitary sewer mains will be flushed using high pressure water and a vacuum truck to remove debris from the sanitary sewer following a recent repair to the system.
- Flushing is conducted to maintain proper operation, prevent blockages, and remove debris that can collect in the collection system. Flushing will not be conducted on private sanitary laterals.
- Customers in the immediate area of sanitary sewer flushing are asked to keep toilet seats closed on the first and basement levels of dwellings. Splashing/bubbling may occur intermittently as sewer mains are flushed.
- Heavy equipment may limit visibility in the area of flushing and noise levels will be elevated for the duration of work.
- For more information, contact the County of Prince Edward at 613.476.2148 ext. 1023, 613.962.9108 ext. 1023, or email@example.com.
Please note: The County of Prince Edward provides this information as a service to the general public. While we do our best to provide accurate information, hydrant maintenance and associated service disruptions are subject to change based on weather, road, traffic, and other conditions beyond our control.