October 23, 2023
The seasonal 1” bulk water stations in Picton (15 MacSteven Drive), Wellington (111 Belleville Street), and Carrying Place (21651 Loyalist Parkway) will close for the season on Friday, October 27.
Picton bulk water filling station
- At the Picton bulk water filling station, the year-round 1” bulk water supply connection will remain in service. Those wishing to use the filling station must supply a clean connecting hose of at least 15 feet in length with a 1” female CamLock fitting.
- Instructions for operating the equipment are posted at the station. Users are reminded that the bulk filling stations are not intended for filling small water storage containers (i.e. 20L jugs).
- The current bulk water rate, as per bylaw 233-2021, is $4.13 per cubic meter (1,000L). Units are coin-operated with dollar coins. The units do not accept other coins for filling.
- The 3” bulk water supply connection in Picton continues to be available to approved larger-volume haulers.
Wellington bulk water filling station
The 3″ bulk water supply station in Wellington will be relocated back to Beach Street from the Wellington and District Community Centre on October 27.
- A service interruption will take place on Friday, October 27 between 8 am and 6 pm at the Wellington bulk water filling station while infrastructure is relocated. During this time the 3″ Wellington bulk water filling station will be unavailable for any bulk water loading.
- Approved haulers requiring service during this time can use the 3″ Picton bulk water filling station located at 15 MacSteven Drive.
- The relocated 3″ bulk water filing station will operate in the same manner as the previous station, requiring approved haulers to use a key FOB and switch to activate the filling station.
- For more information, contact the County of Prince Edward at 613.476.2148 extension 1023, 613.962.9108 extension 1023, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: The County of Prince Edward provides this information as a service to the general public. While we do our best to provide accurate information, construction projects and associated service disruptions are subject to change based on weather, road, traffic, and other uncontrollable conditions.