The County of Prince Edward and the Cemetery Advisory Committee are pleased to announce the installation of a granite columbarium at Sophiasburgh Cemetery.
The columbarium is now available for the interment of cremated remains. Each of the 48 individual compartments — niches — can hold two urns and a few small personal mementos. Inscriptions, names and dates are engraved onto bronze plaques and installed onto the niche covers.
Sophiasburgh Cemetery, located at 504 County Road 15 in Demorestville, was formerly known as the Boulter Cemetery. Located on land donated to the Presbyterian Church by the Griffith Howell and Wellington Boulter in the 1848, 13 internments were received at the cemetery before it fell into disrepair in 1902. In 1974 the cemetery was fully restored as a community project. Gravestones from other area cemeteries were moved there including those from the Old Demorestville / Knox Presbyterian Cemetery, the Eben Fox / Fence Cemetery and the Ruttan Cemetery.
For more information, please contact Glenwood Cemetery at 613.476.3511 or email email@example.com.