The County of Prince Edward has completed the master plan for water, sanitary, and stormwater services for the Wellington Urban Centre.
The master plan considered, evaluated alternatives, and identified the preferred infrastructure upgrades for water treatment and distribution, wastewater treatment and collection, and stormwater management to accommodate immediate development and long-term growth opportunities to full ‘build out’ of the urban boundary, as per the Wellington Urban Centre Secondary Plan.
The preferred infrastructure upgrades are:
- New trunk watermain on Wellington Main Street, Cleminson Street, Millennium Trail and Belleville Street
- New elevated water storage tank
- New Wellington water treatment plant (phased) — Schedule C Class Environmental Assessment required
- New sanitary sewers on Wellington Main Street, Cleminson Street, Millennium Trail
- New equalization tank at wastewater treatment plant
- New Wellington wastewater treatment plant (phased) — Schedule C Class Environmental Assessment required
- New sewage pumping station and associated forcemain for east end developable lands
- Stormwater ponds, associated storm sewers and outfalls within developable areas
The Wellington Master Servicing Plan’s environmental study report, associated technical memoranda, and appendices are available on the County’s website. The review period will continue until Friday, June 11. Learn how to comment.
The Prince Edward County Public Library branches in Picton (208 Picton Main Street) and Wellington (261 Wellington Main Street) each have one hardcopy available on short-term loan. Please contact the library directly for details.
Learn more about understanding growth in Prince Edward County and impacts on water and wastewater infrastructure. If you require more information or have more questions, contact the County of Prince Edward at 613.476.2148 ext. 1023, 613.962.9108 ext. 1023, or firstname.lastname@example.org.