- This event has passed.
Wellington Water and Wastewater Infrastructure Public Information Centre
August 31 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
The County of Prince Edward will provide a summary of information on the approved Wellington Master Servicing Plan (MSP) study completed in 2021 and the Development Charges (DC) Study completed in 2021.
The MSP has provided the framework for the Municipal Class Environmental Assessment (MCEA) studies for the Wellington water and wastewater treatment plants, which are currently in progress. The DC Study provided the mechanism for which to collect fees from the growth sector. The upcoming PIC provides an opportunity for the public to refamiliarize the findings of both the MSP and the DC Study.
- The Wellington Master Servicing Plan, completed in 2021, identified projected growth of the Wellington Urban Area for both a 20 year and full buildout horizons and defined the associated infrastructure needs for the combined growth and existing populations.
- Information of the projected growth and proposed development within the Wellington Urban Boundary will be illustrated at the PIC.
- Findings of the recent Development Charges Study for the Wellington Urban Area will be displayed to illustrate how the municipality will collect the defined share from the growth sector to ensure growth pays for growth-related infrastructure.
- The PIC will follow a drop-in format. Project team representatives will be available to walk members of the public through, answer questions and discuss next steps.
- The municipality is currently undertaking two Schedule ‘C’ studies under the MCEA process, further to the completion of the MSP in 2021. An MCEA is a document that sets out a standardized planning process for classes or groups of activities. Visit the Government of Ontario website to learn more about class environmental assessments. To learn more about the current Schedule ‘C’ MCEA’s, please visit:
- Wellington Water Treatment Plant Class Environmental Assessment
- Wellington Wastewater Treatment Plant Class Environmental Assessment
- For more information on the above Schedule ‘C’ MCEAs and their related PICs, please contact Garrett Osborne, Project Manager, at 613.476.2148 extension 2002 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For more information on the August 31 PIC, please contact 613.476.2148 extension 1023, 613.962.9108 extension 1023 or email email@example.com.