Community & Economic Development Commission (CEDC)
The Community and Economic Development Commission (CEDC) will encourage and facilitate organizations, institutions and individuals within the community to be involved in joint ventures, partnerships and other cooperative efforts to support economic growth and sustainability across all sectors in Prince Edward County.
The CEDC will identify opportunities to initiate economic stability and growth for Prince Edward County and support municipal project related to local, social and economic priorities.
The goals and purpose of the Community and Economic Development Commission are to:
- Provide recommendations and advice to Council on matters related to community and economic development;
- Provide input on municipal programs and policies, when related to economic and community development;
- Advocate for local businesses and community groups, and encourage evidence-based decisions on matters that impact their operations and projects;
- Identify and conduct activities relating to business retention and expansion; and
- Liaise with community partners and staff to ensure feedback and input from the broader community with respect to community and economic development issues.
- Two (2) members of Council to serve for a 4 year term.
- Six (6) public representatives appointed by Council for the term of Council or until reappointed, all of whom should have demonstrated interest in matters related to community and economic development.
- One member from the Prince Edward County Chamber of Tourism and Commerce.
- One youth representative who is enrolled in secondary education.
- One member of The County Foundation
- Mayor is an ex officio member of the committee.
- Mayor Steve Ferguson
- Councillor Jamie Forrester
- Councillor Janice Maynard
- Gord Fox
- Lesley Lavender
- Jeremiah MacKenzie
- Michael Miller
- Bill Turnbull
- Christine Winiarz-Searle
- Jefferson Gilbert
- Wyatt Brauer
The Community and Economic Development Commission shall meet a minimum of twelve (12) times per year, and more frequently at the discretion of the Chair.
The meeting, agenda, and minutes will be available to the public, on the municipal website. Members of the public may participate electronically as requested, in accordance with the Procedural By-Law.
If you have any questions about the Community and Economic Development Commission, contact the Clerk’s Office at email@example.com or call 613.476.2148 ext. 1020.