Museum Advisory Committee
The Museum Advisory Committee will provide advice and support to staff on museum collections and operations, act as public advocates for the local museums, and address issues and opportunities for Prince Edward County museums as they arise.
The Committee will be guided by the Museums Strategic Plan, and provide recommendations and advice to Council on matters related to the museums in The County.
The goals and purpose of the Museum Advisory Committee are to:
- Provide advice and expertise to Council, as required;
- Provide input on museum policies and the strategic plan;
- Support the Head Curator with museum priorities such as technology, marketing, visitors experience, and fundraising;
- Support special projects that develop public awareness of the museums in Prince Edward County; and
- Advocate for the preservation of Prince Edward County museums and artifacts.
- One (1) member of Council.
- Two (2) to four (4) public representatives appointed by Council for the term of Council or until reappointed, all of whom should have demonstrated interest in museums.
- One (1) member from the Prince Edward Historical Society (optional).
- Mayor is an ex officio member of the committee.
- Councillor Kate MacNaughton
- R. John Garside (Chair)
- Kenneth Dewar
- Gina Heinbockel-Bolik
- Cynthia Peters
- Sandra Latchford (Prince Edward Historical Society)
The Museum Advisory Committee shall meet a minimum four (4) times per year, and more frequently at the discretion of the Chair.
The meeting, agenda, and minutes will be available to the public, on the municipal website. Members of the public may participate electronically as requested, in accordance with the Procedural By-Law.
If you have any questions about the Museum Advisory Committee, contact the Clerk’s Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 613.476.2148 ext. 1020.