Planning & Development Committee
The primary function of the Planning & Development Committee is to make recommendations to Council for approval under the Planning Act, and hold statutory public meeting, as required under the Planning Act. The Committee also undertakes consideration of planning applications, and reviews background reports, studies, and processes associated with planning policy development activities.
The goals and purpose of the Committee are to:
- Host public meetings to receive comments from the public and applicant(s), consider reports, and recommendations from Planning staff;
- Hear presentations from property owners, applicants, or authorized agents;
- Make informed recommendations and provide guidance to Council and staff on planning related matters; and
- Review policy and/or guidelines associated with land and property development and use, property standards, street names, and site and subdivision plans.
- All members of Council.
- The rotating Chair and Vice Chair schedule for Council/Committee will be followed.
The Planning & Development Committee shall meet a minimum of twelve (12) times per year, and more frequently at the discretion of the Chair.
The meeting, agenda, and minutes will be available to the public, on the municipal website. Members of the public may participate electronically as requested, in accordance with the Procedural By-Law.
If you have any questions about the Planning & Development Committee, contact the Clerk’s Office at email@example.com or call 613.476.2148 ext. 1020.